Breath it all in, love it all out!


I'm feeling a bit stressed lately, so anything intense and noisy annoys me. This state of mind made me change my workout routine as well, so I returned to my beloved yoga workout. Yoga is not just about working out, it’s about a healthy lifestyle. 

I have a couple DVDs of Kristin McGee and I downloaded her app, in which she has a variety of videos with yoga and Pilates workouts. I downloaded 3 of them an I'll be downloading all of them! I try to do them on a daily basis as they require only 30 minutes. On days I feel like working out even more I add the 10 minute abs workout. Corina also suggested another app the other day, the Daily Yoga but if you interested in working out at home, there are many other apps or websites too.

Improved flexibility is one of the first and most obvious benefits of yoga. During your first workout, you probably won't be able to touch your toes, never mind do a back bend. But if you stick with the routine, eventually, seemingly impossible poses will become possible. And because it strengthens your core, you’ll notice that your posture will improve as you practice it for a few weeks. 

It also helps relieve stress and unclutter the mind, and helps you get more focused, this I can guarantee although I'm not a yoga guru!


So, tell me.. Have you ever tried yoga? If yes, do you workout at home like I do or you take classes? 



Share :

9 comments:

  1. cdeblasio663/3/14 17:49

    I have and still sometimes do Bikram hot yoga. There are so many benefits. Muscle tone, flexibility, de-stressing, detox...Bikram also helps all of your organs and internal systems work better including sleep, peptic system, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had the time to take a class because I could use some help with the postures..

    ReplyDelete
  3. cdeblasio663/3/14 18:27

    Time - that is the reason why I do not take class very often...90 minute class, driving there and then getting home shower and hair - I need three hours and that is always hard to come by. BUT...as my instructor informs us...Yoga is the ONLY sport/exercise that you inprove upon with age!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gave yoga a chance many times in my life. And after a month or two I was ceasing, I was more an aerobic freak. While I was pregnant I was practising it 4-5 days per week and then I started also meditation which helped me tons! After pregnancy I continued constantly until I had my leg fractured...Now, I look forward to be permited to start over!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't stick to the same routine so my body doesn't get used to the exercises. in between I do cardio or other type of exercises

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried yoga in the past, but not my style. I prefer pilates or something more dancing!!

    http://www.3forfabulousfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dancing not so much but I like Pilates too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy it actually but only really stick to a few positions, could you recommend any channels or pin boards for more options? Thanks for the comment, I've passed it onto Nik for you!

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of course!!! I will do that for you, stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete